In order to configure your used ReefLink, it will need to be removed from the previous owner's account. If you're unable to get in contact with the previous owner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete serial number from that unit (located on the underside). Our Customer Service team will remove that ReefLink from the previous owner's account then provide you with instructions to complete the installation.
- Connect the ReefLink via USB only to your computer (No power just USB cable)
- Open the ReefLink Setup application and sign in using your ESL email and password
- Select “Format SD” from the drop-down menu (scroll down to expose this option)
- The ReefLink LED ring will turn white once complete
- Select “Factory Reset” from the drop-down
- Select the “Setup” button and follow the steps on screen to complete the setup
If your ReefLink is not connecting to your computer via USB, the USB cable being used is likely not supported. It's very important to use a standard USB and not any type of file or data transfer cable. Replacement USB cables can be purchased here