For Vectra owners using a Battery Backup, you have the ability to test your battery's health. The Battery Backup's typical life span is 3-5 years, and we recommend performing regular battery checks. To perform a battery health check using your Vectra Controller, follow the steps below.
- Disconnect the main Power Supply from your Vectra Controller
- The Vectra will now enter Battery Backup mode and the Controller dial will pulse green
- Remove the Battery Backup Booster
- Connect the Battery to the Vectra Controller via Fused Battery Backup Cable only
- On the Vectra Controller, take note of the LED speed chain
- If all diodes are Illuminated, this would indicate a full charge (Fewer lighted diodes imply a lesser charge)
- Re-install the Battery Backup Booster and re-connect the main power to the Vectra Controller